ABOUT THE ROLE
As Flight Operations and Test, you will play a crucial role in the safe and efficient operation of our unmanned aircraft. Your responsibilities will include providing ground crew support for all flight operations and flight test events, working closely with the Senior Test Pilot as a required crew member. In addition to these responsibilities, you will also be responsible for maintaining the airworthiness of on-site aircraft by performing regular inspections and repairs as needed.
Additional responsibilities include ground and bench testing aircraft components, and assisting engineers with quality control. Throughout development of our aircraft and systems, you will work with engineering to provide valuable feedback on design and end user experience, as well as contribute to the build itself.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment. You should also have a strong understanding of aviation regulations, safety standards, and fielded flight and ground testing activities. You should be able to effectively troubleshoot and problem-solve in a fast-paced operational environment.
Overall you will play a key role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our unmanned aircraft, and will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of our products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Required ground crew member for flight operations
- Troubleshoot technical problems with aircraft and ground support equipment and systems
- Work with engineering teams to improve and develop aircraft systems and support equipment
- Lab, bench and ground test aircraft components and subsystems
- Provide the Senior Test Pilot with procedural, technical and documentation feedback and recommendations
- Develop maintenance procedures, ground crew operational documentation, checklists and training
- Provide maintenance as needed to ensure a FMC (Fully Mission Capable) test site, ground support equipment and aircraft.
- Log crew proficiency and training as needed
- Review flight and maintenance logs for accuracy as required for flight events
- Transport aircraft, personnel and equipment to and from test site locations
- Set up of test site and ground support equipment
- Implement Test Site needs or improvements
- Work with the Senior Test Pilot and Airport Management to communicate flight scheduling and operational requirements and restrictions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Extensive experience in fielded flight operations and flight test environments
- Experience with large (above ~50 pounds) UAVs or VTOL aircraft, in a company or team environment
- 107 remote pilot license
- Proficient with computers and high tech hardware and software
- Electrical systems fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Aircraft maintenance
- Experience testing aircraft components.
- A personal drive to build systems from the ground up
- A strong interest for tackling and solving complex problems
- Self-directed with the ability to work and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Planning & Partnering
- Documentation skills
- Ability to plan and deliver on time
- Organizational Skills
- Clear communication skills
- Nice to have
- Private pilot license or greater
- A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) Certification
- Engineering bachelor degree
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
MightyFly is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
MightyFly values diversity and welcomes applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the tech industry. We are an international team led by a female CEO.
- Bay Area.
- We are aviation and aerospace enthusiasts who believe the sky is not the limit.
- Teamwork: We believe that to achieve great results we need great teamwork.
- Working hard: Building reliable aviation and logistics products is really hard but also exciting, challenging, and rewarding.
- Having fun: We believe that hard work needs to be coupled with fun. We love hanging out beyond the workday, hosting team dinners, and organizing fun activities. We love the outdoors and outdoor sports. And of course, we love flying.
- Celebrating wins large and small.
- Creativity: We love and encourage creativity. The best ideas emerge when our working environment fosters out-of-the-box thinking.
- Humility: Let’s leave the ego at the door so we can work together to create meaningful solutions.
- Equity, inclusivity, and respect for the diversity of life and work experiences that each individual brings to the team.
- Transparency, honesty, and integrity.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Stock option plan.
- Working on cutting-edge products to transform our future.
- Working with a diverse and highly skilled team.
- Shaping and defining company culture and values.