ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Pilot in Command (PIC) of MightyFly’s Experimental UAV you will own building out the core functions of the Flight test program for one of the world’s largest and fastest autonomous cargo aircrafts. Specifically, you will prepare MightyFly’s Experimental UAV aircraft for flight, conduct flight tests of the aircraft as the test pilot, maintain test aircraft and plan missions to support the test engineering team with debriefings. As the Lead Test Pilot you are responsible for briefing crew members, maintaining flight safety, overseeing MightyFly’s training and Aircraft maintenance development program. Other responsibilities include, working with the team to prepare concepts of operations, conducting readiness assessment for future pilots, support our first pilot launch and work hands on with our Mechanical Engineering team prototype building our UAV and subsystems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform test flights from our ground station as the pilot in control of both BVLOS and VLOS flights.
- Perform flight test activities including mission flight test planning, flight briefings and flight test safety reviews.
- Maintain/conduct pre and post flight inspection of the UAV
- Manage the upkeep of our test site facility.
- Provide feedback to the software team by testing UI interfaces and running simulations in various real life conditions and simulated failures. Use the simulator to train yourself as an expert pilot of MightyFly’s aircraft.
- Work with the team to create the concept of operations, and training manuals.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to perform, analyze, and conduct ground testing.
- Contribute in the build of the MightyFly aircraft.
- Help launch our Pilot program.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Current Private Pilot License (PPL)
- IFR flight experience
- A personal drive to build systems from the ground up
- A strong interest for tackling and solving complex problems
- Self-directed with the ability to work and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel
- Read and speak English proficiently
- Attention to detail
Planning & Partnering
- Ability to plan and deliver on time
- Organizational skills
- Team leader and ability to work cross functionally
Nice to have
- Experience flying large UAVs or VTOL aircraft
- Familiarity with aviation certification standards & processes
- Military service background piloting large scale UAV
- Flight instructional experience
- Experience working on electric and combustion engine aircraft
- Part 107 certificate
- 1+ year experience flying radio controlled (RC) model aircraft
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
MightyFly is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
MightyFly values diversity and welcomes applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the tech industry. We are an international team led by a female CEO.
- Bay Area.
- Remote work might be possible, on a case-by-case basis.
- We are aviation and aerospace enthusiasts who believe the sky is not the limit.
- Teamwork: We believe that to achieve great results we need great teamwork.
- Working hard: Building reliable aviation and logistics products is really hard but also exciting, challenging, and rewarding.
- Having fun: We believe that hard work needs to be coupled with fun. We love hanging out beyond the workday, hosting team dinners, and organizing fun activities. We love the outdoors and outdoor sports. And of course, we love flying.
- Celebrating wins large and small.
- Creativity: We love and encourage creativity. The best ideas emerge when our working environment fosters out-of-the-box thinking.
- Humility: Let’s leave the ego at the door so we can work together to create meaningful solutions.
- Equity, inclusivity, and respect for the diversity of life and work experiences that each individual brings to the team.
- Transparency, honesty, and integrity.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Stock option plan.
- Working on cutting-edge products to transform our future.
- Working with a diverse and highly skilled team.
- Shaping and defining company culture and values.